Rocky Mountain Chapter
Support Groups are safe places for you to meet other people affected by Huntington’s disease (HD).Those living with HD, at-risk, gene positive, gene negative, caregivers, friends and family are all welcome.
Please join us at one or more of the groups we have each month in your area. Please call (303) 321-5503 for more information.
· Denver Metro Support Group & Youth Group – Fourth Wednesdays, Oct 23 canceled due to Celebration of Hope on that same evening, Nov canceled due to Thanksgiving, Dec - Chapter Holiday Party! Wednesday, Dec. 4th, Johnson Adult Day Program 7:00pm-9:00pm . For Youth Group, please no children under 1-year-old. Please do bring them into adult group. Location: Johnson Adult Day Program (JADP), 3444 S. Emerson St., Englewood, CO 80113. Professional facilitator: Ms. Sharon Cascone, LCSW, Breakout facilitator: Ms. Bree Owens, LCSW, Breakout facilitator: Ms. Dana Lahoff, LCSW, Youth group facilitator: Ms. Erika Sandstedt, LCSW
· Boulder Support Group – Second Wednesdays, Oct 9, Nov 13, Dec group canceled 7:00pm-8:30pm. Location: Wynwood Ridge Point, Brookdale Senior Living,
3375 34th Street, Boulder, CO 80301. Enter the lobby and ask for group. Professional
facilitator: Ms. Sharon Cascone, LCSW
· Southern Colorado Support Group – Fourth Mondays, Oct 28, moved to Nov 18, Dec canceled. Time 6:30-8:00pm Location: National MS Society offices, 611 N. Weber Street, Suite 101, Colorado Springs, CO 80903. Group will now rotate between a support group format and an educational session format. Oct – educational day, Nov – support group and Holiday Party, December – canceled due to Holidays - Professional facilitator: Ms. Carolyn McKay, LCSW
· Northern Colorado Support Group – Third Thursdays, Oct 17, Nov 21, Dec 19
6:30pm-8:00pm Location: Poudre Valley Hospital, Officescapes Education Room, Basement Level, 1024 S. Lemay Ave., Ft. Collins, CO 80524
Professional facilitator: Ms. Barbara Stutsman, LMFT
· Western Slope Support Group – Last Tuesdays, Oct 29, Nov 26, Dec canceled due to Holidays 6:30pm-8:00pm Location: First United Methodist Church, 522 White Ave.
Grand Junction, CO 81501, Professional facilitator: Mr. John Schultz, LPC
· New Mexico Support Group – 2nd Saturdays, Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 14
10:30am-12:00 NEW Location: Self-Directed Choices, LLC, 3909 Juan Tabo Blvd. NE #2 Albuquerque, NM 87111 (across from El Dorado High School) - Professional Facilitator: Ms. Sandy Skaar, MSW Peer Leader: Ms. Angela Mabry. Please contact Ms. Mabry with questions – email@example.com or (505) 401-6898.