Northern California Chapter
HDSA Northern California Homepage
June 20-22, 2014 – HDSA National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky. Scholarships available for first time attendees. Visit www.hdsa.org, under News, click 2014 Annual Convention, and choose Convention Scholarships.
Northern California News:
- Saturday, May 3 – Northern California HDSA Chapter Convention – more information to follow when available.
HDSA Center of Excellence at UC Davis Medical Center is currently recruiting for the PRE CELL observational study (no intervention). A group of up to 40 patients with early-stage Huntington’s Disease (HD) will be enrolled in this observational trial to establish a baseline and study changes over time in measures of movement, thinking, behavior, brain imaging, blood and spinal fluid markers. The information from the study assessments will help Dr. Wheelock and the research team learn more about the rate of change in these measures in people with early-stage HD. Participants enrolled in this study may be eligible to participate in a future planned study of stem cell therapy for Huntington’s Disease. For information regarding eligibility and to be considered for the study, please contact Terry Tempkin, Nurse Practitioner at 916-734-6278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
**Contact Dawn Doster for more information regarding HDSA Fundraising Events (916) 768-9408
- Saturday, July 26th – Sacramento Team Hope Walk, William Land Park, Sacramento
- August 25th – Winemaker’s Dinner of Hope, Sacramento, Rubino's Ristorante
- September TBD – 12th Annual Golf Tournament, Discovery Bay Country Club, Brentwood.
- October TBD – 3rd Annual No. CA Chapter Golf Tournament
- October 25th – San Francisco Team Hope Walk
Read Archived Issues: Spring 2013
Read Archived Issues: Summer 2012