May is Huntington's Disease Awareness Month
May for the Huntington's Disease Parity Act: Let's Talk About HD!
May is HD Awareness Month, and we need all HDSA advocates on board to raise awareness and generate support for the Huntington's Disease Parity Act! Each week in May, HDSA will ask advocates to take a specific action and offer ways for your friends, family members, coworkers and others to get involved. To participate in the Let's Talk About HD campaign, become an E-Advocate at www.hdsa.org/join.
Want to Learn More? Click here to watch HDSA's video about May HD Advocacy!
Below is an overview of the Let's Talk About HD Activities:
- Week of May 1: Get Fired Up!: Tune in to the Help-4-HD Radio Show for a very special advocacy program about the Let's Talk About HD Campaign on May 2, at 6:30 pm EST, or any time after that, at www.blogtalkradio.com/help4hd.
- Week of May 8: Recruit Your Team!: Enlist your Awareness-Raising Team! Ask 10 friends, family, and community members to commit to educate Congress in May and to call Congress to support H.R. 718/ S. 648 on May 31.
- Week of May 15: Educate the Media!: Write a letter to the editor to your local newspaper encouraging your Representative and Senators to cosponsor the Huntington's Disease Parity Act (H.R. 718/ S. 648). Ask your Team to write letters as well. HDSA will provide a letter to personalize and a list of local newspapers.
- o AND, be sure watch your inbox for an invitation to the Let's Talk About HD Advocacy webinar on May 17 at 12pm EST.
- Week of May 22: Educate Congress!: Email your Representative and your two Senators and ask them to cosponsor the Huntington's Disease Parity Act (H.R. 718/ S. 648). Increase your outreach by asking your Team to participate in this activity.
- May 31: Call Congress for the Huntington's Disease Parity Act!
Advocating for HD is easy, and can make a real difference in the lives of everyone in the HD community. HDSA has letters you can customize, talking points, materials, and more. Please be sure to become an E-advocate today at www.hdsa.org/join, and ask your friends, family, and community to participate in HDSA's May campaign.
If you have any questions about the Huntington's Disease Parity Act, please don't hesitate to contact me, or Jane Kogan in the National office.