Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
News & Announcements Archive
- Global Outcomes Data and Possible New Therapies in the Huntington’s Pipeline
- Jang-Ho Cha, MD, PhD Appointed Chairman of the Board of Trustees at the Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America Awards Additional HD Human Biology Project
- Auspex Press release
- Marathon Team Raises 80K
- CREST-E Phase III Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- HUNTINGTON’S DISEASE SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNOUNCES 2014 HD HUMAN BIOLOGY PROJECT GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2CARE HD Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- 2CARE study of coenzyme Q for Huntington's disease ends in disappointment
- HD and HDSA In The News
- HDSA PSA
Singer-Songwriter Taryn Reneau Wrote and Releases her song "Cure," to benefit HDSA
Now available on iTunes and CDBaby.com
New York NY May 30, 2012 – Growing up in Chicago, Taryn Reneau learned about Huntington’s disease (HD) as her father’s best friend suffered from it. After moving to Los Angeles to pursue an entertainment career, Taryn attended a Huntington’s Disease Society of America (HDSA) Team Hope Walk and was so inspired that she became involved in sponsoring the annual Team Hope Walk event. Most recently, Taryn was nominated to the board of HDSA’s Los Angeles Chapter.
At the events she attended, Taryn felt that something was missing – a song which could carry the message of hope and recognize the amazing work being done by volunteers and caregivers, in addition to the scientists, clinicians and other professionals who work to help people affected by Huntington’s disease.
Today, Reneau’s anthem, Cure, is available for purchase on iTunes and CDBaby.com. Proceeds from sales will be donated to Huntington’s Disease Society of America to support HDSA’s fight to improve the lives of people affected by HD and their families.
“What inspired me are the people I know who have Huntington’s disease. The people I know who support them as family members,” said Reneau. "To witness the strength and love in those families, under incredible obstacles, is beyond inspiring. It’s moving. I was moved to write ‘Cure’ and I hope it moves those who hear it to support the cause.”
“We are so grateful for all that Taryn does to help people with HD,” said Louise Vetter, CEO of HDSA. “Her volunteer work, especially for someone without HD in their family, is exceptional.”
Reneau will debut the song in a live performance at the 27th Annual HDSA Convention, Friday, June 8th at the Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas before 1,000 HD family members, who will no doubt, shower her with applause – for her wonderful song – and for her big heart.