Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- HDSA Goals - Mission in Action
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
News & Announcements Archive
- Taryn Reneau Creates "Cure" A Song for HD Families
- Bike for the Cure 2012
- Make a Difference During Huntington's Disease Awarness Month
- Alnylam Committed to HD Therapy Program
- HDYO Launch
- Pacin Parson
- Chase Community Giving Program
- Walking the Walk for Research
- Plains to Lake
- Lundbeck Phase I LuAF11167
- HDCRS 2012 SAVE THE DATE
- SSA Announces Addition of Adult Onset Huntington's Disease to Compassionate Allowance List
- NY Marathon Cancelled -- But HDSA Runners Resolve Unbroken
- New Facility with 30+ HD Beds Opens
- SSA Adds Adult-Onset HD to the Compassionate Allowance List
- Tangerine Tango -- Featuring an HD Story
- IRA Charitable Rollover Reinstated
- In Memoriam- Eva Weissman
- HDSA Research Symposium
- HD and HDSA In The News
- Thank You Thursday
"Plains to Lakes" is a 700 mile bicycle ride from Belle Fourche, SD to Minneapolis, MN for the 26th Annual HDSA Convention (June 24-26, 2011). In 1967, Marjorie Guthrie, the widow of famed folksinger Woody Guthrie, founded the Committee to Combat Huntington's Disease, which evolved into the Huntington's Disease Society of America. As in the prior twelve rides, the purpose of the ride is to heighten public awareness of Huntington's Disease and to raise funds for family services and research towards a cure.
- Bicyclists to ride the Central Lakes/Lake Wobegon Rails-to-Trails with us on June 20-23. Bring your own bike or rent one. Show your support for efforts to cure HD! Experience the thrill of ending the ride at the Convention Hotel.
- Contact Marie for more specific information.
Visit their webiste to support the Plains to Lakes ride by purchasing a t-shirt , donating or praying for a safe journey. Your contribution will support efforts to improve the lives of people affected by HD and their families, through programs of research, family services, education and advocacy.
Follow along with Marie and the other riders with Marie's daily messages and check out the photo gallery to see people and places they visit..