Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
News & Announcements Archive
- Auspex Press release
- Marathon Team Raises 80K
- CREST-E Phase III Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- HUNTINGTON’S DISEASE SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNOUNCES 2014 HD HUMAN BIOLOGY PROJECT GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2CARE HD Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- 2CARE study of coenzyme Q for Huntington's disease ends in disappointment
- HD and HDSA In The News
- HDSA PSA
"Plains to Lakes" is a 700 mile bicycle ride from Belle Fourche, SD to Minneapolis, MN for the 26th Annual HDSA Convention (June 24-26, 2011). In 1967, Marjorie Guthrie, the widow of famed folksinger Woody Guthrie, founded the Committee to Combat Huntington's Disease, which evolved into the Huntington's Disease Society of America. As in the prior twelve rides, the purpose of the ride is to heighten public awareness of Huntington's Disease and to raise funds for family services and research towards a cure.
- Bicyclists to ride the Central Lakes/Lake Wobegon Rails-to-Trails with us on June 20-23. Bring your own bike or rent one. Show your support for efforts to cure HD! Experience the thrill of ending the ride at the Convention Hotel.
- Contact Marie for more specific information.
Visit their webiste to support the Plains to Lakes ride by purchasing a t-shirt , donating or praying for a safe journey. Your contribution will support efforts to improve the lives of people affected by HD and their families, through programs of research, family services, education and advocacy.
Follow along with Marie and the other riders with Marie's daily messages and check out the photo gallery to see people and places they visit..