Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
News & Announcements Archive
- Auspex Press release
- Marathon Team Raises 80K
- CREST-E Phase III Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- HUNTINGTON’S DISEASE SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNOUNCES 2014 HD HUMAN BIOLOGY PROJECT GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2CARE HD Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- 2CARE study of coenzyme Q for Huntington's disease ends in disappointment
- HD and HDSA In The News
- HDSA PSA
NYC Marathon Canceled due to Hurricane Sandy --
But HDSA Marathoners Come Through
Five Marathon-hopeful supporters of HDSA trained vigorously and took their fundraising just as seriously as they prepared for the 2012 New York City Marathon.
While devastation from Hurricane Sandy resulted in a cancellation of the race, the five fearless runners still raised $15,000 to support HDSA's programs to improve the lives of everyone affected by HD — and vowed to raise and race more next year.
David Christa, Jeff Dusek, Shauna Morgan, Adam Quinn and Tom Van Daele were prepared to attack the 26.2 mile course that winds through all 5 boroughs of New York City. While they didn't get the chance this year, they will all have the opportunity to participate in the 2013 NYC Marathon.
Jeff Dusek (below wearing the HDSA marathon shirt he customized) wasn't willing to let all of his training go to waste. He ran the Manchester City Marathon (New Hampshire) on November 4 instead and clocked a 3:54 personal best.
Our thanks to all of the runners and their supporters. We look forward to cheering them on in November 2013.