Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- HDSA Goals - Mission in Action
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
News & Announcements Archive
- FreezeHD a Success
- HDSA Endorses Enroll-HD
- Prana Announces Results of REACH2HD Huntington Disease Trial
- Omeros’ Huntington's Disease Drug Granted Fast-Track Status at the FDA
- ESPN E:60: Jake Dowell
- Taryn Reneau Creates "Cure" A Song for HD Families
- Bike for the Cure 2012
- Make a Difference During Huntington's Disease Awarness Month
- Alnylam Committed to HD Therapy Program
- HDYO Launch
- Pacin Parson
- Chase Community Giving Program
- Walking the Walk for Research
- Plains to Lake
- Lundbeck Phase I LuAF11167
- HDCRS 2012 SAVE THE DATE
- SSA Announces Addition of Adult Onset Huntington's Disease to Compassionate Allowance List
- NY Marathon Cancelled -- But HDSA Runners Resolve Unbroken
- New Facility with 30+ HD Beds Opens
- SSA Adds Adult-Onset HD to the Compassionate Allowance List
- Tangerine Tango -- Featuring an HD Story
- IRA Charitable Rollover Reinstated
- In Memoriam- Eva Weissman
- HDSA Research Symposium
- HDSA Research News: New clues to why striatal neurons are preferentially damaged in HD.
- HDSA Donald A. King Summer Research Fellow Jolene Luther
- HDSA Reports Data Breach
- 7 Run NYC ING Marathon for HD
- Human Biology Project Awards
- HD and HDSA In The News
NYC Marathon Canceled due to Hurricane Sandy --
But HDSA Marathoners Come Through
Five Marathon-hopeful supporters of HDSA trained vigorously and took their fundraising just as seriously as they prepared for the 2012 New York City Marathon.
While devastation from Hurricane Sandy resulted in a cancellation of the race, the five fearless runners still raised $15,000 to support HDSA's programs to improve the lives of everyone affected by HD — and vowed to raise and race more next year.
David Christa, Jeff Dusek, Shauna Morgan, Adam Quinn and Tom Van Daele were prepared to attack the 26.2 mile course that winds through all 5 boroughs of New York City. While they didn't get the chance this year, they will all have the opportunity to participate in the 2013 NYC Marathon.
Jeff Dusek (below wearing the HDSA marathon shirt he customized) wasn't willing to let all of his training go to waste. He ran the Manchester City Marathon (New Hampshire) on November 4 instead and clocked a 3:54 personal best.
Our thanks to all of the runners and their supporters. We look forward to cheering them on in November 2013.