Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- HDSA Goals - Mission in Action
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
News & Announcements Archive
- Taryn Reneau Creates "Cure" A Song for HD Families
- Bike for the Cure 2012
- Make a Difference During Huntington's Disease Awarness Month
- Alnylam Committed to HD Therapy Program
- HDYO Launch
- Pacin Parson
- Chase Community Giving Program
- Walking the Walk for Research
- Plains to Lake
- Lundbeck Phase I LuAF11167
- HDCRS 2012 SAVE THE DATE
- SSA Announces Addition of Adult Onset Huntington's Disease to Compassionate Allowance List
- NY Marathon Cancelled -- But HDSA Runners Resolve Unbroken
- New Facility with 30+ HD Beds Opens
- SSA Adds Adult-Onset HD to the Compassionate Allowance List
- Tangerine Tango -- Featuring an HD Story
- IRA Charitable Rollover Reinstated
- In Memoriam- Eva Weissman
- HDSA Research Symposium
- HDSA Research News: New clues to why striatal neurons are preferentially damaged in HD.
- HDSA Donald A. King Summer Research Fellow Jolene Luther
- HDSA Reports Data Breach
- 7 Run NYC ING Marathon for HD
- Human Biology Project Awards
- HD and HDSA In The News
- Thank You Thursday
- Chapter/Affiliate Awards 2013
- HDSA 28th Annual Convention A Success
Bike for the Cure
Venture to Vegas is the 14th ride for this intrepid band of Huntington's disease supporters, led by Marie Nemec and Charlotte Reicks.This year they will be joined by Gary Heiman and Sherri Kole.
In previous years they have bicycled to the HDSA Annual Convention to raise awareness of HD and funds for HDSA programs. These past rides have included ;two coast-to-cost rides: Bike for the Cure ’99 and Bike for the Cure 2000 , Border War on HD (Vancouver, BC, Canada – Tijuana, Mexico); Ramble ‘Round the Colonies (Manchester, NH – Columbus, OH), Trek Across Texas (Texline – Houston), Kick HD on Route 66 (Albuquerque, NM – St. Louis, MO), Coastin’ for HD (Wilmington, DE – Atlanta, GA), Midwest Meander for HD (Kearney, NE – Milwaukee, WI / Chicago, IL – St. Louis, MO), Rockies to Plains (Grand Junction, CO – Oklahoma City, OK), Cycle the Heartland (Clinton, MO – Pittsburgh, PA), Canyons to Cactus (Grand Junction, CO – Phoenix, AZ), Coastin’ to Carolina (Bar Harbor, ME – Raleigh, NC) and Plains to Lakes (Belle Fourche, SD – Minneapolis, MN).
Over 20,000 miles have been pedaled through parts of 45 states and Washington DC raising more than $525,000 to date.
This year'sfundraising goal is $35,000.
For more information please visit:
or go to
to make a contribution in support of their effort.
(From Left) HDSA Chair Don Barr, Charlotte Reicks, Gary Heiman, Marie Nemec and HDSA CEO Louise Vetter at conclusion of last year's ride.