Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
News & Announcements Archive
- Global Outcomes Data and Possible New Therapies in the Huntington’s Pipeline
- Jang-Ho Cha, MD, PhD Appointed Chairman of the Board of Trustees at the Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America Awards Additional HD Human Biology Project
- Auspex Press release
- Marathon Team Raises 80K
- CREST-E Phase III Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- HUNTINGTON’S DISEASE SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNOUNCES 2014 HD HUMAN BIOLOGY PROJECT GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2CARE HD Clinical Trial Stopped Early for Lack of Benefit
- 2CARE study of coenzyme Q for Huntington's disease ends in disappointment
- HD and HDSA In The News
- HDSA PSA
Bike for the Cure
Venture to Vegas is the 14th ride for this intrepid band of Huntington's disease supporters, led by Marie Nemec and Charlotte Reicks.This year they will be joined by Gary Heiman and Sherri Kole.
In previous years they have bicycled to the HDSA Annual Convention to raise awareness of HD and funds for HDSA programs. These past rides have included ;two coast-to-cost rides: Bike for the Cure ’99 and Bike for the Cure 2000 , Border War on HD (Vancouver, BC, Canada – Tijuana, Mexico); Ramble ‘Round the Colonies (Manchester, NH – Columbus, OH), Trek Across Texas (Texline – Houston), Kick HD on Route 66 (Albuquerque, NM – St. Louis, MO), Coastin’ for HD (Wilmington, DE – Atlanta, GA), Midwest Meander for HD (Kearney, NE – Milwaukee, WI / Chicago, IL – St. Louis, MO), Rockies to Plains (Grand Junction, CO – Oklahoma City, OK), Cycle the Heartland (Clinton, MO – Pittsburgh, PA), Canyons to Cactus (Grand Junction, CO – Phoenix, AZ), Coastin’ to Carolina (Bar Harbor, ME – Raleigh, NC) and Plains to Lakes (Belle Fourche, SD – Minneapolis, MN).
Over 20,000 miles have been pedaled through parts of 45 states and Washington DC raising more than $525,000 to date.
This year'sfundraising goal is $35,000.
For more information please visit:
or go to
to make a contribution in support of their effort.
(From Left) HDSA Chair Don Barr, Charlotte Reicks, Gary Heiman, Marie Nemec and HDSA CEO Louise Vetter at conclusion of last year's ride.