Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- HDSA Goals - Mission in Action
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
- News & Announcements Archive
- HD and HDSA In The News
- Thank You Thursday
- Chapter/Affiliate Awards 2013
- HDSA 28th Annual Convention A Success
Title: Regional Development Director Upper Midwest Region
Reports to: Director of Field Development and Operations
The Regional Development Director is to lead the management and growth of the Upper Midwest Region (Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska) including the growth and development of Affiliates and Chapters with a focus on revenue generation and volunteer development in support of HDSA’s mission.
- Create, coordinate, meet and achieve fundraising goals in the Region and through training and developing Chapters/Affiliates as well as expansion to new markets within the Region.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with volunteer leadership and fundraising collaborators (i.e. corporate partners, individual donors, vendors, and foundations.)
- Manage HDSA Chapters/Affiliates in the development, implementation, and successful completion of annual budgets and plans of work.
- Support financial management by ensuring timely reporting from the Region and Chapters to the National office.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and management of volunteers to existing boards and committees, as well as help to identify new volunteers to maximize support of HDSA’s mission.
- Prior working knowledge of Chapter board meetings, including the work of their standing committees.
- Have a working knowledge of HDSA’s scope of work, including knowledge of the HDSA’s governance structure and the National Field Committee.
- Support and engage in all organization advocacy initiatives as required on a local level.
- Work seamlessly with Regional social workers, support groups, Centers of Excellence and medical facilities to ensure that family and patient needs are being met as outlined in HDSA’s mission.
- Foster working relationships with school/clubs/organizations/corporations within the Region.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Passion for Society’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of non-profit fundraising experience with a proven track record of success managing a diversified development program.
- Proven track record of success creating a resource development strategy, increasing financial results and building upon relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large, geographically diverse volunteer team.
- Ability to lead, direct, and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills to achieve consensus and cooperation.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, DonorPerfect and relational databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.