Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
- News & Announcements Archive
- HD and HDSA In The News
- HDSA PSA
Title: Regional Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Field Development and Operations
The Regional Development Manager is to lead the management and growth of HDSA’s NY-NJ Region, which includes event fundraising, corporate sponsorship, grant writing and the volunteer development of HDSA affiliates and chapters to support HDSA’s mission. This position will be based in New York City.
- Meet and Achieve fundraising goals as outlined in the annual budget for the region.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with volunteer leadership and fundraising collaborators (i.e. corporate partners, individual donors, vendors, and foundations.)
- Manage HDSA chapters/affiliates in the development, implementation, and success their budgets, plans of work and raising awareness.
- Support financial management by ensuring timely reporting from the region and chapters to the National office.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and management of volunteers to existing boards and committees, as well as help to identify new volunteers to maximize support of HDSA’s mission.
- Train, coach and mentor Chapter and Affiliate boards and their standing committees.
- Have a working knowledge of HDSA’s scope of work, including knowledge of the HDSA’s field structure and mission.
- Support and engage in all organization advocacy initiatives as required on a local level.
- Work seamlessly with regional social workers, support groups, Centers of Excellence and medical facilities to make sure that family and patient needs are being met as outlined in HDSA’s mission and relationships are being built for success.
- Foster working relationships with schools/clubs/civic organizations/corporations within the region.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Passion for Society’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3-5 years of non-profit fundraising experience with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large, geographically diverse volunteer team.
- Ability to lead, direct and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills to achieve consensus and cooperation.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, DonorPerfect and relational databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.