Huntington's Disease Society of America
Title: Manager, Team Hope Walks
Reports to: Director of Field Development and Operations
Position Description:The primary responsibility of the Manager, Team Hope Walks is to create, coordinate and grow the Team Hope Walk program for HDSA by cultivating local volunteer leadership, managing event coordinators and securing national and regional corporate sponsorship. Additional expectations include, adding value to existing field-based events and developing additional fundraising opportunities to support HDSA’s mission as appropriate. The Manager, Team Hope Walks will report to the Director of Field Development and Operations
- Create, coordinate and achieve budget for Team Hope Program
- Serve as daytoday manager of National Team Hope (TH)Walk Program, with specific responsibilities to include:
- Secure National Sponsorships
- Oversee all TH coordinators, paid and volunteer
- Support Regional Development staf in TH success
- Build relationships with retail partners/stores to uncover
- volunteers and teams
- Work with Marketing/Communications team to manage
- collateral development and supply
- Create Webinars related to TH that train and develop
- peer-to-peer fundraising, team-building, walk logistics and
- implementation, school involvement and wrap-around events,
- grants, in-kind donors and other skills as identified.
- Responsible for managing all online aspect of TH, website and
- Ensure all event reporting is completed in a timely fashion
- Create and maintain master TH Calendar with dates of all
- upcoming and pending walks
- Send National TH e-blasts quarterly to engage new participants
- Write and distribute TH Newsletter quarterly
- Work with field team on creating Regional TH Sponsorships
- Utilize 3 bid rule to reduce expensive, improve net in all vendor
- Facilitate suggestions and ideas with field staff/chapters
- /affiliates with regards to decreasing event expenses.
- Provide updates on TH program to management, field staff and
- volunteer leadership as required.
- Support overall departmental fundraising goals and expense
- management through collaborative team engagement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Field Development
- and Operations.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Passion for Society’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of non-profit fundraising event experience with a proven track record of success. Experience with a large scale walk program a strong plus.
- Proven success securing significant (six figure) corporate sponsorships.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a geographically diverse staff and volunteer team.
- Ability to manage and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills to achieve consensus and cooperation.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, DonorPerfect and relational databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel.