Huntington's Disease Society of America
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Find your local HDSA Chapter, Affiliate or Regional Office
- Staff directory
- Board of Trustees
- Faces of HD
- News & Announcements Archive
- HD and HDSA In The News
- HDSA PSA
Title: Junior Accountant
Reports To: Director of Financial & Administration Management
The Huntington’s Disease Society of America is the largest voluntary health non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with Huntington's disease and their families. With over 50 chapters and affiliates across the nation, we provide care for those living with HD today, while we work tirelessly towards a cure.
Position Description: The Junior Accountant is responsible for performing general fund accounting functions to include duties from accounts payable, processing of 1099-MISC and W-9 information for the Society, sales tax registrations and status, various journal entries for month end close and financial statement preparation, general ledger analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts, budget and audit preparation. Additionally, this position assists with special projects as determined by the Director of Financial & Administration Management.
- Process vendor invoices, staff/volunteer reimbursements and check requests in a timely manner.
- Collect W-9 data for all consultants, social workers and prize winners for preparation of 1099-MISC at year-end.
- Verify state registrations for Sales and Use Tax Exemptions and prepare filings/updates as needed.
- Obtain, input and analyze information on cash, revenues and expenses for assigned Chapters.
- Perform bank reconciliations and record cash transfers for assigned Chapters.
- Monthly updates of donations for all chapter revenue in the donor database software.
- Prepare monthly investment analysis schedules for all investment accounts with reconciliation of dividends and realized and unrealized gains and losses.
- Maintain fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules with monthly journal entries and ensure the proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Input various journal entries from reconciled schedules such as payroll, online donations, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements.
- Conduct general ledger analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Assist with the annual budget preparation, reconciliation of budget worksheets and budget entries.
- Prepare audit schedules and work closely with the Director and independent auditors to ensure the timely completion of the audit fieldwork.
- Perform other duties as needed by the Director of Financial & Administration Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from accredited four-year college or university.
- At least 2 years of accounting experience.
- Commitment to assist HDSA in maintaining compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Commitment to HDSA’s mission and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Sage MIP Fund Accounting and Tax forms Helper
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate financial data and provide assistance to volunteers, staff and senior management.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Email resume, including salary history and requirements to: email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.