Huntington's Disease Society of America
Title: Regional Coordinator
Reports to: Regional Development Director
The Regional Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of cost-effective fundraising events and supporting communication and program activities in the Great Lakes Region. With an emphasis on community engagement, the primary purpose of the position is to support local efforts and recruit volunteer, community and corporate support to reach specific fundraising and program goals.
- Assist Regional Development Director, the HDSA National Office, and regional Chapters and Affiliates with the creation, coordination and execution of events and campaigns.
- Assist in the achievement of regional/chapter budgets and goals in all areas of responsibility.
- Actively support the identification of new sources of revenue, as well as uncover and build upon existing relationships with sponsors, companies, teams, donors, foundations, schools, clubs, community, etc.
- Identify, recruit, train, and support high impact board members/committee members/volunteers for leadership roles in revenue producing positions, ensuring that they are fully supported, engaged and prepared to promote the HDSA mission.
- Work with media outlets and sponsors to publicize events, secure local sponsorships for events, and promote the HDSA mission, while focusing on reaching fundraising goals and heightening public awareness.
Implement a grant funding strategy and actively pursue project funding opportunities.
- Adhere to, track, and evaluate a timeline for each event and campaign as assigned.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of all regional events, campaigns, meetings and conference calls.
- Interact with the HDSA National Office departments as needed.
- Utilize and update staff, volunteer and event management tools effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ensure donor gifts are acknowledged and entered into database in a timely fashion.
- Work with Regional Development Director, HDSA National staff and volunteers to ensure that each event, presentation, and printed collateral piece contains program content to enhance the knowledge of the HDSA mission.
- Additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Passion for Society’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of non-profit fundraising experience with a proven track record of success.
- Proven track record of success increasing financial results and building upon relationships.
- Ability to lead, direct and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org